Office Lens: new features = more awesomeness
Office Lens is an awesome app which allows you to digitalize documents, whiteboards and business cards. But Office Lens does more. It automatically straightens images and brings them to OneNote or Word (OneDrive) in which these documents become editable!
A new version (1.3) of Office Lens will be published on April 26. This versio will include 5 new features!
Multi scan: you are now able to scan multiple images before bringing these to OneNote/Word or saving to a PDF.
Rotate: you can rotate images before saving them
Handwritten text will be automatically recognized in OneNote.
On iPhone 6s one can change image modus via 3D touch.
After scanning business cards in simplified Chinese, the data can be extracted from the card.
Especially the ability to scan multiple images is a very interesting new feature. After scanning the first image, you can make a second scan via . The button allows you to rotate the image.
How Office Lens works
My all time favorite Edu tool is Office Lens. This very cool free app allows you to take a picture of a chalkboard, computer screen, page, textbook, etc and it will automatically straighten the document, crop and bring this image to OneNote, OneDrive, PowerPoint or convert it to PDF. The tool will recognize text in the image and convert this to editable text.
So when you decide to convert a paper document to PDF, Office Mix will help you in a glimpse.
- Use the Office Lens app
- Take a picture of your chalk board, paper documents, etc. There are different modus for picture, document, whiteboard and business card scanning.
- Office Lens straightens the document after scanning
- Choose to which tool you want to export the file: OneNote, Word, PowerPoint; send via email, save as picture or PDF
- The result in OneNote. Notice the editable image AND the text which was extracted out of the image.
Download Office Lens:
- iOS (iPhone): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/office-lens/id975925059?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.offic...
- Windows: https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/apps/office-lens/9wzdncrfj3t8